There’s nothing quite as relaxing as sitting outside while you cozy up around your outdoor fire space. An outdoor fire space gives you a great place for entertaining guests, relaxing by yourself or spending quality time with your family. If you’re planning on constructing an outdoor fire space, it’s important to follow some helpful tips to maximize the benefits of your investment. Keep reading for advice about constructing outdoor fireplaces in Seattle, WA.
Tips for fireplace construction
Installing an outdoor fire space can be exciting, but it can also be a challenging process. To maximize the benefits of fire space construction and minimize complications, it’s important to follow some essential advice from professional fire feature contractors. Here are a few tips to help you with outdoor fireplace construction:
- Research requirements and codes: Research the requirements and regulations that apply to outdoor fireplace construction in your specific jurisdiction. It’s essential to get all of the necessary permits before you start work on your project. This is especially important to consider if you’re planning to embark on a DIY fireplace installation project.
- Think about placement: The placement of your fireplace is one of the most important factors to consider about fireplace construction. Find a spot with plenty of room for both your fireplace and a seating area. For the easiest construction process, try to find an area that’s already relatively level. A professional fire feature installation contractor will be able to provide you with placement recommendations based on the size and layout of your yard and the kind of fireplace you want to install.
- Decide on design elements: Fire features aren’t just great functional additions to an outdoor space—they also offer great aesthetic appeal. Choose design elements that complement your home’s design and reflect your personal style. You have lots of options when it comes to construction materials, masonry and decorative finishes.
- Plan maintenance: Fireplaces have to be cared for and maintained to keep them working safely and effectively for the long term. Before you construct your fire pit, make sure to consider future maintenance needs. If you hire a fireplace installation contractor for your project, ask about the maintenance services they provide to help you plan ahead for fireplace care and repairs.
- Work with a professional: Lots of people attempt DIY fireplace construction, but it’s a good idea to carefully consider your options before moving forward with a fireplace project on your own. A professional will be able to provide you with expert services that are fully compliant with relevant codes and regulations.
Outdoor fireplaces in Seattle, WA
To find out more about constructing outdoor fireplaces in Seattle, WA, reach out to the team of professionals at Custom Fire Art. We specialize in custom fireplaces, fire pits and outdoor fire features. No matter what you’re looking for, our team is here to provide you with a personalized design that’s perfect for your space and meets all of your needs. Give us a call today to get started with a consultation and a quote for your project.
Categorised in: Outdoor Fireplaces
This post was written by Writer