Thinking about adding a fire pit to your backyard? You’re not alone—these features are becoming more and more common in properties throughout Seattle and beyond. They’re a great feature for entertaining friends and family, as there’s something highly relaxing and enjoyable about the smell and crackle of a fire on a beautiful evening.
While some people purchase simple above-ground fire pits from local stores, others hire teams of landscape architects to come in and design more thoroughly customized in-ground fire pits. The result: some beautifully designed spaces that add some extra value to your property.
Here are just a few of the most common reasons why people add fire pits and outdoor fireplaces in Seattle, WA to their backyards:
- More livable space: If you want to increase the livability and functionality of your outdoor space, one of the ways you can do so is by adding a fire pit area. They provide outstanding ambience, as well as some heat, lighting and dedicated space for relaxation. Fire pits undeniably provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere for homeowners and guests alike.
- Greater home value: There are plenty of home improvement jobs you can take on that will increase the value of your home, and building a brand-new fire pit is one of those projects. It makes your property more unique and modern, and when designed right can also complement and draw attention to the overall design of your home. High-quality materials can do even more to increase the value the project brings to your property.
- Great ambience: Sure, you’re not going to have a massive, raging bonfire in the middle of the city like you’d be able to get away with in more rural areas, but a fire pit in a residential area allows you to give yourself a taste of the same atmosphere with greater safety and convenience. There’s something truly special about the atmosphere that surrounds a fire. The beauty of the flickering flames, the brisk evening air, the crackling of the wood, the conversation surrounding the fire, the pleasant burning smell—all of these add up to something special.
- Bug resistance: While this might not be one of the primary reasons you decide to build a fire pit on your property, it certainly is an added benefit to consider. Fireplaces are great for helping to keep bugs away. From the late spring to the early fall, mosquitoes and flies can be a big pain to have to deal with in the evening, and many people avoid spending time outside altogether because of them. Fortunately, burning fires help keep bugs away, because they don’t want to be anywhere near the flames.
- Cooking: Want another alternative spot for cooking? You can do much more than roast marshmallows over a fire pit. There are plenty of great ways to cook foods in a fire pit or fireplace that will give you a unique and delicious flavor.
For more information about why a fire pit might make sense for you, contact Custom Fire Art about designing fire pits and outdoor fireplaces in Seattle, WA.
Categorised in: Outdoor Fireplaces
This post was written by Writer