Cleaning and Maintenance Tips from an Outdoor Kitchen Builder in Seattle, WAJuly 4, 2018 3:21 pm Leave your thoughts
An outdoor kitchen is a fantastic addition to any home. It’s the perfect place to enjoy a relaxing evening outside with family and friends—you can cook up an al fresco meal while you soak up the sunshine and the summer breeze! However, before you can maximize the potential of your outdoor kitchen, you must take some steps to maintain it. Maintaining your outdoor kitchen keeps it looking fresh and allows you to cook meals outside consistently and efficiently. By caring for your outdoor kitchen properly, you can keep it looking great and functioning effectively for years to come. Here are some tips from an outdoor kitchen builder in Seattle, WA:
- Keep up with regular cleaning: Waiting too long between cleanings can result in excessive residual buildup and can even decrease the longevity of your outdoor kitchen. Brush down your cooktop with a firm brush and some hot, soapy water. You should get in the habit of brushing your grill after every use, and on a regular basis even when your grill isn’t in use. While you’re cleaning things up, take the time to check valves and hoses for cracks and damage, and make sure to replace parts as necessary.
- Clear away debris: Don’t let overgrown vegetation and fallen leaves and debris crowd your outdoor kitchen. Sweep your patio, pressure wash your pavement and remove built-up debris from your outdoor kitchen space. If you have an outdoor fireplace, make sure to clean out the ash from the wood box regularly.
- Disinfect workstations: If you plan on preparing food in your outdoor kitchen, make sure you disinfect your counterspace to avoid food contamination. You can use a disinfectant wipe or a rag with a cleaning solution to wipe down your counters before and after every use. Keeping counters clean also helps discourage bugs and pests from invading your kitchen space.
- Use gentle products: Don’t go crazy with harsh cleaning products and abrasive techniques when you clean your outdoor kitchen. By taking a little bit of time to periodically clean your outdoor kitchen, you can avoid excessive debris accumulation. The more frequently you clean your outdoor kitchen, the less you will need to rely on aggressive cleaning products.
- Shield furniture from the elements: Although outdoor furniture is designed to withstand the elements, it isn’t invincible. If the weather is stormy, it’s best to put your furniture under cover to avoid water damage, fading and premature aging. It’s also a good idea to wash any padding or covers for your furniture to keep it looking fresh.
Turn your dream for your yard into a reality with help from Custom Fire Art. We are a professional outdoor kitchen builder in Seattle, WA with a decade of experience building a wide variety of custom fire features for commercial and residential spaces. We pride ourselves on delivering professional service, exceptional craftsmanship and beautiful finished products that our clients are proud to show off. We will work with you to develop and design a fire feature that fits your needs, desires and budget perfectly.
Categorised in: Outdoor Kitchen Builder
This post was written by Writer