Fireplaces are a wonderful addition to any living space, but even the best features of a home require an update every once in a while. If you’re not quite in love with your masonry fireplace, you can take it from eyesore to focal point with a few updates. Whether your goal is to maintain a vintage look or to go full modern, fireplace remodeling in Seattle, WA can transform a space to fit your tastes. Here are a few ways that you can add dimension and character to your fireplace:
- Add a custom mantel: While this might be the easiest way to update your fireplace, it can make a big difference. Add to your beautiful brick fireplace by installing a wooden mantel. You can purchase a real wood mantelpiece or, for an added personal touch, you can purchase a piece of lumber, treat it with your preferred wood stain and install it above your fireplace. A dark wood is a great choice if you want to complement your red brick fireplace.
- Accent your fireplace with color: Another easy way to improve the appearance of your fireplace is with a fresh coat of paint on the surrounding wall. Choose a bold color if you’re looking for a statement design. Even this small change can do wonders for the appearance of your masonry fireplace.
- Try whitewashing or painting your brick: If you have a traditional red brick fireplace, you can make a big aesthetic change by whitewashing or painting your brick. Whitewashing is a process of applying layers of a light colored paint finish to your brick, which lightens the brick, giving it a much brighter appearance. Alternatively, you might opt to paint your brick. White paint is commonly used for brick painting, but you can use whatever color best suits your taste and your space.
- Replace your brick or stone with a new material: You can really switch up the appearance of your fireplace by adding different materials. If you’d like to keep it simple, you can always add different textures and materials to your fireplace without entirely changing the stone or brick. However, if you’re really ready for a change, you can completely resurface your fireplace with the material of your choice. This can be a difficult project to do alone, so it’s best to invest in professional fireplace remodeling in Seattle, WA.
- Design your wall to complement your fireplace: Since a masonry fireplace is such a prominent feature in your home, why not play up the surrounding wall to really complement it? From art pieces to ornate accents, there are a number of different ways that you can design your wall to really complement your masonry fireplace.
When it comes time to update your masonry fireplace, you can trust Custom Fire Art for help with fireplace remodeling in Seattle, WA. Our services include everything from custom fireplace design and installation to fireplace remodeling, retrofitting and redesign of existing fireplaces. We can help you achieve the beautiful fireplace that you desire with superior workmanship that will ensure the quality and appearance of your fire fixture for years to come.
Categorised in: Fireplace Remodeling
This post was written by Writer