Winter may be on its way out, but it’s not too early to think about heating options for your home for next winter. Take a look at some of the benefits to having a sealed wood stove or fireplace installed. Then, to learn more, you can contact a custom fireplace contractor in Seattle, WA with any questions or to book an appointment for service.
- Are an excellent heat source: Because a wood stove makes use of a closed combustion system—meaning that most of the heat it produces is directed into your home—it is able to burn fuel in a more efficient and economically friendly way than a fireplace. Similarly, a woodstove emanates heat from multiple sides, while a fireplace produces heat from only one side.
- Can be cost-effective: One load of wood placed in a wood stove can heat a significant portion of your home for between four and eight hours. You may find that a wood stove helps decrease your utility bills during the winter, especially when paired with your heating system that’s already in place.
- Are safe to use: The wood stove you have installed will likely feature glass doors, which will ensure that sparks will not escape, reducing the chance that a fire will occur. These doors are also an effective way to prevent kids and pets from touching the fire.
- Have aesthetic value: If you’re looking to add to a room’s aesthetics, a fireplace might be the way to go. Its unique design and mantelpiece will be sure to catch people’s eyes, drawing all of your friends and family to that particular room. The selection of designs you’ll typically have to choose from when you work with a custom fireplace contractor in Seattle, WA is endless. While you’ll likely be able to choose from many more options, some of the most popular include marble, natural stone, veneer and brickwork.
- May be less expensive: If you are looking for a more budget-friendly heating method, a fireplace may be the right choice over a wood stove, as fireplaces generally tend to be less pricy. When you purchase a wood stove, you’ll also have costs related to venting and installation.
- Are safe to use: If you’re concerned about your safety or the safety of pets or kids who may venture near the fireplace, adding on doors or screens to your fireplace is an effective solution.
Wood stove or fireplace—which is right for you? Both have their benefits, so it comes down to what makes the most sense for your space and your particular needs, as well as your price point.
When you’ve decided on which feature you’d like to add, or if you’d like to talk through the decision-making process with a custom fireplace contractor in Seattle, WA, contact the expert team at Custom Fire Art. Locally owned and operated since 2008, we specialize in creating custom fixtures for indoor and outdoor fireplaces, fire pits, outdoor kitchens, patios and grills. We’re a fully licensed and bonded contractor and serve both residential and commercial customers. Give us a call today to learn more!
Categorised in: Custom Fireplace Contractor
This post was written by Writer